Today I am Grateful for:

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

3 Kind Men

I'm walking towards a crosswalk pushing Shannon in the stroller, when a man yells out his car window something I don't pay attention to/understand (I still struggle with the Aussie accent from time to time). And I must admit I thought it was probably something obscene as it is my experience that most things yelled out of passing car windows are.  Then waiting at the crosswalk, another man keeps looking around, then looking at me. I do my best to not to think anything of it.  Eventually he says, "I think that guy said you dropped something back there. Maybe a shoe."  And sure enough Shannon has ejected her shoe from the stroller. Then as I express my gratitude and turn to retrieve it, a third man give me the universal stop signal and says he'll get it for me. He jogs back to the shoe and brings it to me!
Thanks guys! I love when people surprise me and prove my less than flattering assumptions wrong.

No comments: